Chicken Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for a party! Delicious, creamy and packed with pineapple, ham as well as carrots. It’s guaranteed to become a favourite among guests.
- What do you need
- Tips for cooking
- How do you serve and store HTML0?
- More delicious party salads
- Chicken Potato Salad
Guys, I can’t tell you enough how deeply I love you. These last few days have been extraordinary in the kitchen at Kawaling Pinoy. We’ve had you all coming to look for Christmas recipes. Thank you to make Kawaling Pinoy an integral part of your Christmas celebrations.
Leche flan is among the top ten dishes you came to, and the second spot was my Philippine-style macaroni salad I couldn’t disagree more with your selections. Please forgive me for rubbing my back, but I must declare that the macaroni salad I made is most delicious!
It’s packed with every yummy food item that you can imagine and this salad of chicken potatoes My dears is similar to the good stuff. With plenty of flavour and texture, this is another one you’d be able to serve at a party or serve at potlucks.
What do you need
- Cubed potatoes cooked in boiling
- Shredded cooked and cooked chicken either dark or white meat
- Cubed ham
- Chopped hardboiled eggs
- Chopped onions
- Crushed pineapple
- Sweet pickle relish
- Cubed Ham cubed
- Diced, parboiled carrots
- Condensed milk
- To ensure that potatoes are cooked evenly throughout Start with cold water, and ensure that the potatoes are submerged completely within the water. To enhance the taste of the potatoes adds salt to the water.
- Cook the potatoes until they are tender enough to poke through using a fork. This is around 15 to 20 mins.
- Let the potatoes be completely cool prior to adding the remaining ingredients, as the heat could melt the mayonnaise and cause the salad excessively oily. To speed up the cooling process you can arrange the potatoes in one stack on the baking sheet, then place them in a refrigerator to cool.
- Cook the carrots in water to keep their crispness and colour.
- Do you prefer your potato salad without mayo? Try substituting it with sour cream and plain yogurt.
- Condensed milk could be an odd ingredient, but it adds some creaminess and balances out the savoury flavours of the dish.
How do you serve and how to serve and
- This traditional Filipino chicken potato salad is an excellent and delicious food option for barbecue events, potlucks, or celebrations for the holidays. Triple or double the recipe to feed many people!
- Because it is loaded with mayonnaise and high protein ingredients, the salad is likely to be more prone to spoil than other foods in particular if the temperature is particularly warm.
- Do not let it be outside refrigeration for longer than 2 hours. Refrigerate before serving and store at an area that is cool and shaded when serving. If the dish is left out for a long time then throw it away.
- To save leftovers, place them in an airtight container and then refrigerate for up 3 days.
More delicious party salads
Deliciously creamy Tuna Pasta Salad is hearty tasty and delicious, making an excellent appetizer or light meal. It is perfect for potlucks, parties or picnics. It’s sure to be a hit with the crowd.
It’s over my most loved people. When I say goodbye to your Christmas celebrations I would like to wish you and your family the very best throughout this season of celebration and all throughout the year. Maligayang Pasko!
- 6 large potatoes
- 1/2 pounds chicken breast or thigh meat skinless and boneless
- 1 medium carrot peeled and chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs that have been broken and peeled.
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- A quarter cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup ham cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk sweetened
- Salt and pepper according to your preference
- Under running cold water clean potatoes thoroughly. In a large pot, add potatoes as well as sufficient cold water so as to be covered. At medium temperature, bring the soup to the point of boiling. Cover and cook potatoes for approximately twelve to fifteen minutes or until they are tender but not falling apart.
- Remove potatoes from the pan and let them cool. Remove skins and peel. Cut with a knife into 1-inch pieces.
- In a saucepan put in the chicken as well as enough liquid to fill. Let the chicken and water come to a boil, then reduce the temperature. Cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or till it is cooked.
- Take chicken out of liquid, then allow it to cool and then shred. Set aside.
- In a large pot that you are using, bring the water to the point of boiling. Add chopped carrots and cook for approximately 30 seconds. With a spoon that is slotted take them out of the water and place them in an ice bath until cool. Remove and place aside.
- in a bowl combine chicken, potatoes eggs, carrots, eggs onions, crushed pineapple the sweet relish made from pickles condensed milk and mayonnaise. Mix gently until the ingredients are evenly all over.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. Keep in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes so that flavours mix.
Let the potatoes completely cool before adding the other ingredients, as the heat can melt the mayonnaise and cause the salad excessively oily. For faster cooling, you can arrange the potatoes in one stack on the baking tray and put them in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Calories: 457kcal, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 16g, Fat: 26g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 109mg, Sodium: 435mg, Potassium: 987mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 19g, Vitamin A: 1552IU, Vitamin C: 27mg, Calcium: 105mg, Iron: 6mg“This website provides approximate nutritional information for your convenience. It is provided as a courtesy. Information on nutrition is primarily sourced via sources such as the USDA Food Composition Database, when available, or other calculators online.”